The Washington School Collection is an excellent study aid for the geology unit of 9th Grade Earth Science. This collection contains high-quality samples which characterize the properties of common minerals. It also includes samples of the three rock forms.
- 40 numbered samples, 1.5 x 2"
- Each specimen is individually keyed for identification
- Introductory Guide to Rocks and Minerals
- Minerals: Augite, Calcite, Gypsum, Quartz, Muscovite, Hornblende, Microcline, Biotite
- Metallic Ores: Buxite, Galena, Hematite, Pyrolusite, Magnetite, Malachite, Pyrite
- Non Metallic Ores: Fluorite, Dolomite, Barite, Graphite, Talc
- Igneous: Basalt, Gabbro, Granite, Obsidian, Rhyolite, Pummice, Andesite
- Sedimentary: Calcareous Tufa, Limestone, Oil Shale, Conglomerate, Limestone, Sandstone, Shale, Fossiliferous Limestone, Arkose
- Metamorphic: Hornfels, Gneiss, Marble, Quartzite, Mica Schist, Slate