The North American Rock Collection contains 50 specimens representing each of the rock groups found on the North American Continent.
- The set is housed in a compartmentalized collection box and each 1 x 1 " specimen is keyed for identification
- The key also includes useful information regarding the name and properties of each specimen
- Igneous: Syenite, Granite, Pegmatite, Andesite, Tuff, Dacite, Diorite, Rhyolite, Pumice, Carbonatite, Breccia, Obsidian, Monzonite, Vitrophyre, Basalt, Porphyritic, Granodiorite, Gabbro, Anorthosite, Scoria, Trachyte
- Sedimentary: Coqquina, Conglomerate, Siltstone, Sandstone, Rock Salt, Oil Shale, Limestone, Coal, Arkose, Gypsum, Shale, Breccia, Tufa, Dolomite
- Metamorphic: Gneiss, Slate, Hornfels, Schist, Amphibolite, Serpentinite, Quartzite, Phyllite, Anthracite, Marble