Minerals are naturally occurring inorganic compounds with a quantified chemical composition and crystalline structure. There are eight classes of minerals categorized by the anion group. This collection contains samples from each class.
- 50 keyed specimens, size 1.5 x 1.5"
- The set is housed in a compartmentalized collection box
- The name and chemical composition of each mineral is provided on an index
- Elements: Sulfur, Graphite, Copper
- Sulfides: Bornite, Galena, Chalcopyrite, Sphalerite, Pyrrhotite, Pyrite, Stibnite, Molybdenite
- Oxides / Hydroxide: Corundum, Hematite, Magnetite, Chromite, Pyrolusite, Cassiterite,Limonite, Bauxite
- Halides: Halite, Fluorite
- Carbonates: Calcite, Dolomite, Azurite, Siderite, Malachite, Aragonite
- Phosphates: Apatite, Amblygonite, Wavellite, Triphylite
- Sulfates / Tungstates: Gypsum, Barite, Scheelite
- Silicates: Olivine, Kyanite, Beryl, Biotite, Muscovite, Kaollnite, Lepidolite, Epidote, Microcline, Quartz, Spodumene, Rhodonite, Hornblende, Augite